The Mimco Lucid Baby Bag is one popular bag.
After a couple of years it is still one my most popular pins on Pinterest and receives quite a lot of searches so I thought it was high time we have a chat about this bag.
Three year ago when I was searching for my first baby bag I have to admit I felt the options were limited and to be honest really ugly! Most people I knew actually just went with buying a bit tote. However over the last few years brands have really come to the party and baby bags have become incredibly sexy! Check out my top picks here – Mimco features in this great list too.
The Mimco Bag wins on so many fronts.
- Straps – Long sturdy straps to fit across any pram handles and it is also removable
- Outside pockets – you need outside pockets for quick access and this bag has loads of them. Rather than rummaging around trying to find something inside the bag this has 5 pockets on the outside – one large size pocket with a zip to get to things quickly like my wallet and keys.
- Easy bag zip opening – it seems trivial but you don’t want a bag that is fiddly or hard to open particularly when the number 3 happen (this is a poo that beats any number 2!). This gorgeous bag has one zip that is easy to access
- Inside pockets – not only has this bag got loads of pockets on the outside it also has lots of pockets on the inside. In particular it has 3 large bottle pockets (I could fit a sippy cup just in it with a squeeze)
- Durable – with their signature Mimco rose gold turnlock hardware (also comes in silver), this baby bag is made out of durable nylon with top handles and shoulder straps. What this means is it is practical and easy to wipe down (winning). After 3 years and loads of use I find this has lasted two kids and the test of time.
- Size – I have to say this was the biggest consideration when I was buying this bag as it fits so much. We now use it as a weekender bag without the strap (love we can re-use it!) and found it fantastic for travelling through airports and taking it as carry on luggage. I’m always surprised how much you need to take but if you need to pack bottles and purees/ toddler lunch then this starts to take up serious space.
- Change Mat – it also comes with a change mat that always comes in handy!
So with so many positives what would I change? Not much really. The turn locks are more a design feature on two external pockets but they can be annoying to open quickly. Often I found I didn’t use them much. Also one of the elastic side pockets split a little but I have to say after being thrown around in many locations this is pretty good considering the hardship I’ve given this bag. This bag is large however I found I used every inch of this bag at times. If you aren’t looking for a big bag and thinking you will only have one child you might want to look at some other options.
Find out more out it here
What is your favourite baby bag? What do you look for in a great baby bag?
Easy Related Posts
6 Cracking Nappy Wallets
Whether you call it a nappy wallet, changing station, diaper purse or changing clutch - ...read more
Glam nappy bags that don't scream baby
The smaller the person the more you need. Whether you want a specific nappy bag or ...read more